email@example.com +1 (908) 907-6953 http://megamicron.net
Biomedical engineer and programmer with experience in laboratory, clinical, and manufacturing settings. Flexible in the application of hardware and software skills to problem solving and device design.
Artann Laboratories - Senior Biomedical Engineer
October 2009 - Present; Ewing, NJ
- Redesigned and manufactured the Colonoscopy Force Monitor for increased comfort and unobtrusive operation based on operator feedback.
- Analyzing clinical test data and statistics in Matlab to guide user training and generate reports and scientific publications.
- Developing LabView control systems for automated electromechanical device calibration, testing, and verification systems.
- Systematically investigating improvements for tactile pressure sensor arrays to expand the potential use cases of the technology.
- Built, tested, and analyzed an infra-red fluorescence positioning device as part of a joint project with the Children's Hospital of Philadelphia.
- Coordinating clinical testing of experimental devices and working with clinicians to improve device usability and efficacy.
- Setting up and maintaining the ownCloud document management system for seamless sharing of all key documentation and data among the team members.
- Training new operators on the safe operation of manufacturing machines.
- Writing and editing documentation, patents, and grants for technical accuracy and grammatical correctness.
Advanced Tactile Imaging - Director of Manufacturing
January 2014 - Present; Trenton, NJ
- Coordinating the manufacturing team to build medical devices.
- Devising and optimizing scalable manufacturing procedures.
- Performing delicate microscope augmented manufacturing steps.
- Writing, editing, and maintaining ISO 13485 compliant documentation to codify the medical device manufacturing process.
- Designing parts for injection molding and other contract manufacturing.
- Researching, designing, and prototyping new medical device iterations.
- Maintaining the manufacturing inventory system.
- Coordinating contract manufacturing of parts and subassemblies.
- Attending trade shows and conferences to explain the technical aspects of our novel medical technology to potential clients and investors.
Vox Vapes - Mechanical Engineering Consultant
February 2015 - Present; Cherry Hill, NJ
- Designing and prototyping new products in a fast-paced, competitive market.
- Coordinating product machining with contract manufacturers.
Children's Hospital of Philadelphia - Biomedical Engineer, Neonatology
March - August 2012; Philadelphia, PA
- Completed clinical testing of an infra-red fluorescence positioning device.
- Worked closely with doctors, pathologists, and clinical technicians to successfully and quickly carry out experiments in constrained conditions.
A F Communications - Network Administrator and International Business Assistant
Fall 2003 - Present; Manalapan, NJ
- Configuring and maintaining IP network infrastructure in Kiev spanning multiple sites and supporting an emergency response radio network.
- Translating English/Russian technical documents and business communications.
GWU Marvin Center - Audio-Video Technician
February - August 2009; Washington DC
- Established the foundation for the center's webcasting service, enabling live AV streaming of client events online
- Assisted clients with AV and computer equipment setup and operation during meetings and large conferences.
PATENTS AND PUBLICATIONS
- U.S. Patent 8033991 B2: Handgrip for assessment of colonoscope manipulation
- DDW 2014 Poster: Colonoscopy Force Monitoring: Development and Validation of Next Generation Force Sensing Technology Using Model and Human Colonoscopy
- DDW 2015 Poster: Randomized Trial of Effect of Propofol vs Moderate Sedation on Colonoscopy Force Generation: An Interim Analysis
The George Washington University
B.S. in Biomedical Engineering, Instrumentation Concentration (cum laude)
Senior Design Project: 3D Optical Scanning System
Senior Design Award in Biomedical Engineering for depth of knowledge, novelty of design, ability to work independently, and helpful support for peers.
- Python, Django
- Haas G-Code
- Soldering (Standard, Miniature, Rework)
- Machining (CNC Mill, Manual Mill and Lathe)
- 3D Printing
- Mikrotik RouterOS
- Linux Server (CentOS)
- ownCloud data storage
English and Russian bilingual proficiency